Documentation for Cookies Notification Bar
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_cookiespolicynotificationbar_v3.0.7_j25_j3x.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 2.5/3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_cookiespolicynotificationbar_v3.0.7_j25_j3x.zip" and the "Cookies Policy Notification Bar" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
- Navigate to Extensions > Plugin Manager and activate the plugin "Cookies Policy Notification Bar".
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Cookies Policy Notification Bar" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Cookies Policy Notification Bar" in action here: http://demo.web357.eu/browse/?item=cookies-policy-notification-bar.
- Multilingual Support (Our best feature).
- Block Cookies (The cookies are disabled, till the User clicks on the "Accept Cookies Policy" button).
- Position (top, bottom).
- Duration (The duration of message (in seconds). After this time, the notification bar will disappear).
- Animate Duration (The duration of the animation will run (in milliseconds). Default is 2000.).
- Limit (The limit of how many times, the notification bar, will display if visitor not press the button).
- Message (The Message in notification bar. HTML allowed).
- Font Color (The Font Color. Example: #fff or #ff0000 or green etc.).
- Link Color (The Font Color. Example: #ccc or #f2f2f9 or red, blue, black etc.).
- Font Size (The Font Size. Default is 13px.).
- Background Opacity (The Background Opacity of notification bar).
- Background Color (The Background Color. Example: #000).
- Custom CSS (Enter your custom css code).
- Include or Exclude plugin from pages (Select the pages that plugin will load or not load).
- Debugging Tools (Display & Clean the cookies).
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
In the FAQ section, you can find a list of useful frequently asked questions that maybe answer your question.
The plugin is published, but not working.
Most of the times we receive a support ticket with a subject "The plugin is published, but not working. HELP!!!".
Don't panic :)
Here's the solution.
Probably, you are using the great plugin "System - jQuery Easy". This plugin strips the "noconflict" jQuery code. If this plugin is installed on your website, try to disable this parameter (Strip No Conflict Code). Navigate to plugin parameters, click on the tab "Advanced Site Options (Expert users only)" and choose "Strip No Conflict Code" > "No" from "System - jQuery Easy Plugin". Save the new params, refresh your page, and now you are able to see the "Cookies Policy Notification Bar" at the top, or at the bottom, of your page.
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.