Documentation for Display Date and Time
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_datetime_v2.2.9.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 2.5/3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_datetime_v2.2.9.zip" and the "Display Date and Time" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Display Date and Time" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Display Date and Time" in action here: https://demo.web357.eu/joomla/date-time.
- Before & After text (You can insert html text in front or at the end of date and time).
- Time Zone (You can use multiple copies of datetime module, from different time zones, to display the time from more than one Countries in one single page.).
- Date Format (You have a plethora of options to display the date format that match for your Country).
- Date Format Separator (Some dates are written with dot 13.04.2015, or slash 13/04/2015, or dash 13-05-2015 etc.).
- Text between date and time
- Time Format (Static or ajax/flashing format, e.g. 08:44:12 PM).
- Display PM/AM (You have the option to display or hide the PM/AM right of the time).
- Custom CSS (Enter your custom CSS code).
Specific date formats for the basic components
- yy – Two-digit year, e.g. 96
- yyyy – Four-digit year, e.g. 1996
- m – One-digit month for months below 10, e.g. 4
- mm – Two-digit month, e.g. 04
- mmm – Three-letter abbreviation for month, e.g. Apr
- mmmm – Month spelled out in full, e.g. April
- d – One-digit day for days below 10, e.g. 2
- dd – Two-digit day, e.g. 02
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.