Documentation for Login as User
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_loginasuser_v3.2.1.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 2.5/3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_loginasuser_v3.2.1.zip" and the "Login as User" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Login as User" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Login as User" in action here: https://demo.web357.eu/joomla/login-as-user.
- Login System (Choose the login system, Joomla! core, K2 or ExtendedReg. If you select K2, note that the parameter 'Enable K2 User Profile' in K2 settings must be enabled).
- Assign multiple Admins to specific User Groups (Choose the Admins who can use the LOGIN AS USER functionality for a specific User Group. This feature added in v3.2.0).
- Inform Admin (Send a message to Admin, to inform that a user logged in from backend, through 'Login as User' plugin).
- Admin's Email (Enter Admin's Email address. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you leave this field blank, the default email from global configuration will be used).
- URL Redirect after login (Enter the URL that redirects the Admin in front-end, after a successfull login as a specific User).
- Displayed Text (Enter your preferred displayed text. E.g. Login as %s »... or Login as User »... or Login as Client »... etc. Notice that the variable %s is equal with the Username of User).
- Custom CSS Style (Enter your personal CSS style for the 'Login as User' text).
How it works? (Video)
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.