Documentation for Virtuemart Sales
Get familiar with the basic setup and structure of "Virtuemart Sales".
First of all, make sure you always download the latest version (currently version is 6.0.8).
Login to the Member Area and grab the latest release of pro version. An active membership is required.
Not subscription required for the free version. You can use the free version on any Joomla! website.
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_vmsales_v6.0.8_j25_j3x.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 2.5/3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_vmsales_v6.0.8_j25_j3x.zip" and the "Virtuemart Sales" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Virtuemart Sales" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Virtuemart Sales" in action here: https://demo.web357.eu/joomla/virtuemart-sales.
- MVC & Multi-language support.
- Data Type (You can choose if you want to display all Virtuemart products with discount or not, or both).
- Image Interactivity (On click view slideshow or go directly to the product details).
- Currency (Select your currency and its position).
- Include or Exclude products or categories (Enter the included or excluded ids of products and categories separated by comma).
- Advanced Search Form (See below the Search form details list).
- Product Layout (You have the option to choose if share buttons, question link, view more button, or description will be displaying).
- Other Options (You have the option to set limit for product's title or description)
- Display prices with tax or not.
- Display only featured producs (Select if you want to display only featured products or all)
- Social sharing buttons (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Copyright Message (Of course you can hide the copyright message if you want).
Full configuration in parameters, at joomla! back-end. You can change everything! (See the screenshots below).
Search form options
- Select the Search Type. All virtuemart products or products with discount or products without discount.
- Select products from a Category.
- Select products from a Manufacturer.
- Sort results by most recent first, oldest first, price high to low, low to high, discount high to low or low to high.
- Search via input text. Enter some characters or the entire word, from product's title, the short or the full description.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
In the FAQ section, you can find a list of useful frequently asked questions that maybe answer your question.
What exactly does this Joomla! Component?
The "Virtuemart Sales" Joomla component displays a list of Virtuemart products that have a discount or have been marked as featured. It's not a template. It's an external component like a search tool.
To see it in action, you have to assign the component with a menu item id from your primary or secondary menu.
There are many options at Joomla! backend, if you navigate to "Top menu -> Components -> Virtuemart Sales -> Options (top right)".
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.