Documentation for Monthly Archive
How to Install
- Download the file "pkg_monthlyarchive_v3.6.5_j25_j3x.zip" from Download Area.
- Login to the backend of your Joomla! 2.5/3.x website and navigate to Extensions > Extension Manager.
- Choose to upload the zip file "pkg_monthlyarchive_v3.6.5_j25_j3x.zip" and the "Monthly Archive" package will be installed and ready for your website to use.
To update from a version to a bigger version, all you need to do is just upload the new package over the previous one. There is no need to uninstall it first as you will lose all your parameters. Just install on top.
In order for "Monthly Archive" to function as intended, you need to have Joomla! 2.5 or 3.x installed (preferably the latest version in each major release) and working properly on the right server environment as noted in Joomla! technical requirements here.
Important: We can only provide support for setups that:
- meet the Joomla! technical requirements.
- do not have extension files or Joomla! core files which have been altered in any way.
We can't guarantee that this extension will work with any 3rd party extension, but it usually works if extension is using standard Joomla! HTML.
Demo & Screenshots
See a live demo of "Monthly Archive" in action here: http://demo.web357.eu/browse/?item=monthly-archive.
- Content Type (You can retrieve content from Joomla! or K2).
- Layout types: a) Default List, b) Accordion.
- Content to display: a) Archived Articles, b) Non-Archived Articles, c) Both (Archived & Non-Archived Articles.
- Display (un)published articles (You can display Published or Unpublished articles or both).
- Display months (Order by most recent month first, or reversal).
- Intro Text with Image (You have the option to display or hide the introtext with image or without image).
- Advanced Layout (You can change the date format, show or hide categories, authors and hits).
- Pagination (Display or hide the pagination. Set your list limits.).
- Seo Friendly URLs.
- MVC support.
- Multi-Language support.
- Display the count of Articles beside each month.
- Include or Exclude content: Article(s), Author(s), Categories, Year(s), Month(s).
- Advanced Search Form (See below the Search form details list).
- Intergration with 3rd party extensions: K2 component, JComments component, Image Resize cache plugin.
- Copyright Message (Of course you can hide the copyright message if you want).
Search form Functionality
- Select articles from specific Month or Year.
- Select articles by order (Example: Most recent first, Least hits, Most hits etc.).
- Select articles width comments or not.
- Select articles by Author.
- Select articles from a Category.
- Search via input text. Enter some characters from article's title or introtext or fulltext or meta keywords or meta description of article.
Don't hesitate to contact us if you have any feature request.
At joomla! backend, you can find a lot of useful parameters to customize the extension for your needs.
If you navigate with your mouse over the label, left of each form field, you can read a short description about the functionality of each field.
Normally we will answer your questions within 24 hours.
If you still have questions or concerns about the product after reading instructions above:
- You can use our Support Forum to ask your questions and report bugs.
- Contact us using the contact form.
- You can send us an email to this address: support [@] web357 [.] eu
- Chat with us using the right-bottom box.
If you did not find the information you were looking for in the documentation or if you have any other questions regarding the product feel free to contact us. We will be happy to provide you with a detailed answer as quickly as we can.